Working desperately through many sleepless nights, Pennsic Independent IT Department head Lord Leifr (Barony of Concordia of the Snows, East) and Web Editor THL Beatrice de Winter (Barony of the Rhydderich Hael, Æthelmearc) have taken hammer and tongs to the old Pennsic Independent website and have given it a new and fresher look.
Gone is the previous pink background, which has been replaced with a calm ocean blue shading. Quite a few things have been rearranged in order to make them easier to locate.
- During Pennsic, you will be able to more easily find current news articles and they will be more prominently displayed than they were in the past.
- On the left side is a convenient Quick Menu, where you can find information, access your web edition subscriptions easily, get the podcasts, and submit advertisements.
- Below that is more detailed information about our PDF editions and instructions about how to activate your account.
- The weather forecast for Slippery Rock is conveniently located on the left side of the site, for quick reference.
- Our latest poll is just below the weather.
- Links to news from our partner publication SCAtoday.net are also available.
- After logging in, your personal account information appears in a frame at the top of the left column.
After Pennsic XLIII there will be additional improvements to the website to give smartphone users a format that is more appropriate for their devices, and to streamline the payment process for PDF subscriptions and advertising.
As always, we do appreciate input from PI subscribers on how we can better serve your needs. If you have suggestions for how we can improve your online experience with the PI, please contact Lord Leifr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're the Pennsic Independent and our mission is to be your best news source for Pennsic at the War and at home, both in print and on the web.